The 2012 route has been slightly changed with both the 100 and 50 km cyclists staying together behind the safety car until we pass through Clane and out onto the Kilcock Road.
- The routes will separate at Boherhole Cross with the 100km route turning right towards Rathcoffey and the 50km route continuing straight until they turn left at Baltracey Cross.
- Caragh GFC in Downings, Prosperous have kindly allowed us to use their facilities for the foodstop this year and this is ideally located at approximately the half way mark on both routes.
- The 100km adds a few extra lumpy bits before Prosperous at Cappagh and Ovidstown to test the legs before resuming the traditional TOK route after the food stop.
- We omit Robertstown this year but still have Boston, “The Wall” and the company of some sheep as you cross The Curragh Plains and head home towards Athgarvan and Two Mile House.
- The 50km route circles the walls of Donadea Forest Park before heading back to Prosperous and home via Kilmeague, Allen and the Blacktrench Road to Newhall and Naas.
Leave A Comment