B Group Charter
Captain Tony Gavin 2019-2020
Vice Captains: Fergal Nolan, Conor Herley, Shay Molloy, Pat McGuanne
We aim to provide challenging and enjoyable routes for experienced riders and to attend various tours in 2020
Some of our favourite tours include:
- Tour de Foothills
- Tour of Connemara or Tour of The Burren. Group away trip.
- Wicklow Peaks Tour
- Blackstairs Challenge, Kilkenny
- Tour of Kildare
- Giant’s Causeway, Antrim
- Tour of the Falling Leaves, Baltinglass
We also propose to have a 160 kilometre event with support vehicle during the summer and a cycling trip abroad in early May.
Weekly Group Spins
Meet: 9am John Devoy Statue – PTSB Naas every Sunday
Average distance: 100- 120 (summer) 60KM – 80KM (winter)
Average Speed: 25km to 28KM (summer) 23 to 26KM (in winter)
NOTE: Distances covered and average speeds will depend on factors such as the size of the group, weather conditions, type of route etc. These figures are indicative only.
Groups Specific Rules:
- Captain (Vice Captain in absence) calls routes
- All must adhere to Captains instruction during spin
- No riding off the front or half wheeling
- Call holes and signal stops well in advance
- Regroup after climbs
- Nobody is stranded
Group members should carry the following on every ride-Spare tubes, tyre levers and pump/gas, small multi-tool, mobile phone, food and drinks as required, cash for coffee/emergency supplies, ID and emergency contact numbers.
Captain & Vice Captain are elected by group at AGM each year