Racing Group Charter
Race Group Ethos
- Our target is to train over the winter period to be fit enough for the upcoming race season.
- We have no set average speed and our pace will, in general, be dictated by the aims of the group on a particular day.
- We will structure our training sessions with proper warm up, intervals, sprint sessions, etc to suit.
- It is accepted that the group may not wait on one individual who may be struggling on a particular day.
- Mudguards are not a requirement in our group, neither are they frowned upon.
- We aim to support each other in club events and other events over the course of the year.
- We expect all members to help out in organising and marshalling race meetings, time trials, sportives, etc held & promoted by our club.
- Although racing can be dangerous, we aim to stay safe and enjoy our cycling.
- All members who race will do so in club colours and compete with a spirit of competitive fairness and integrity at all times, bringing pride to the club.
- Our group spins depart along with the rest of the club on Sundays, 9am from Poplar Square. You will find the route on the Naas CC website and the WhatsApp group.
- Our Road Captain & Vice Captain will call the route and have final say on issues during the spin.
- We will meet at the end of each race season to review how the season went and set out goals for the following season. This will be done through consultation and consensus with the club committee and best practice of the racing group.
Rules of the Road & Personal Responsibilities
- Be respectful of motorists, pedestrians, other cyclists and obey the rules of the road at all times.
- Do not to engage in confrontational behaviour (either gesture, verbal or physical) with any other road user.
- If you feel unwell inform the Road Captain immediately.
- All cyclist must be self sufficient on each spin.
- You must wear a helmet. No Helmet No Spin
- Road ID with ICE contact to be worn by all participants.
- Notify the Club Secretary (email@example.com) of any incidents, accidents or crashes on club spins at your earliest convenience. The Club Secretary will take the appropriate further actions as required.
- As a visiting cyclist you are welcome on our spin but please remember as per Naas CC club rules you must be a current member of Cycling Ireland or equivalent International Body.
Joe Burke, Captain