How to Join Naas Cycling Club
The Road Safety Authority is now rolling out Adult Cycle Training, with the support of Cycling Ireland
as part of the ongoing programme of CYCLE RIGHT, the National Cycling Training Standard.
Naas Cycling Club are running a pilot training course which will specifically target those who wish to join the
club, are cycling, returning to cycling or wishing to cycle and will cover skills that competent, confident
cyclists need to keep themselves safe on our road network. This initial pilot course will be limited to a
maximum of 10 participants.
Requirements for the course:
- A road bike, preferably with dropped handlebars, spare tube, tyre levers etc.
- A cycling specific helmet and suitable cycling clothes.
- A suitable level of cycling fitness (see Charter for Naas CC Inbetweener Group).
- Join Naas Cycling Club and Cycling Ireland (Leisure Licence).
course DATEs AND LOCATION:
- Saturday 24th February and Saturday 3rd and Saturday 10th March at Scoil Na Naomh Uilig,
Rickardstown, Newbridge, Co. Kildare.
Day 1 – 24/02/18: CYCLE RIGHT – Preparation For The Road – Indoor, 10am – 12 noon.
- Welcome and course introduction, the four essential pre-cycle checks, basic nutrition and
hydration, cycling fitness and cycling technology.
DAY 2 – 03/03/18: CYCLE RIGHT – Stage 2 and Stage 3 – Yard and Road, 10am – 1pm.
- Focus on road safety for more complex road environments including:
- Core skills check.
- Core road manoeuvres
- Safety considerations on the road.
- The primary importance of appropriate speed and awareness.
- The third and final day of training will be focused on progressive bike handling skills and
group work aimed specifically at the club or group cyclist.
DAY 3 – 10/03/18: Bike handling skills AND group work – Yard and Road, 10am – 2pm.
- Group management and group movement on the road.
- Group cycling skills and group/individual responsibilities on the road.
Progressive Skills and Group Work
For further details and course booking please email : firstname.lastname@example.org