Trish’s Tips: Spinning Classes – What to wear & bring
“With Winter indoor spinning classes beginning this week I have been asked over the past week from people new to spinning, what do I wear, what do I bring to the class?
This guide is for them and the following are my top tips.
- Water, I usually bring 2 x 750ml bottles. Gets pretty hot in there and hydration is key.
- Wear as little as possible, I wear cycling shorts, sports underwear and sleeveless vest, shoes with cleats but runners will do fine
- Towel – to mop the brow and wipe down the machine afterwards.
- Bike setup – simple and we will assist or guys in K leisure will gladly assist.
- Either shower there afterwards or go home to do so. My experience is to shower there, going out damp is not a good idea. Up to you. Enjoy, its great fun.
One last thing and I seen the adverse reaction of not eating this week already, eat before you go to class. If you think you will not make it home in time and have bag in car, bring bananas, protein bars etc with you that day to get you over the class. Not ideal but better than nothing. Vitally important. Lecture over, enjoy. 😆😆 Don’t forget protein shake afterwards for recovery.”
In addition to this Susan from K Leisure advises:
“Download the Keiser M3i app from the App Store if you want to record your stats from the bike, if so bring your mobile phone to the class. For the first class arrive at least 10 -15 early so you can get some advise on bike set up. All 29 bikes are booked so it’s going to be busy! Enjoy!😅”